Youtube for Tourism Organizations.
YouTube is the largest video hosting with some social network and search engine attributes, and it has over 2 billion monthly users.
As of July 14, 2020, YouTube is the second most visited website after Google.
What opportunities does YouTube provide for the travel business?
You can show your products and services directly to users around the world.
Like all social media, YouTube has its own rules and restrictions.
In general terms, all kinds of immoral content, scenes of violence, copyright infringement, etc. are prohibited.
YouTube, as well as other social networks, has personal accounts. A personal account corresponds to a Gmail account and all Google services. This is because YouTube is one of Google’s services. But if you want to use all the features of YouTube, you need to create your own channel. This can be done both on a desktop or mobile version of the site. Once you create a channel, you can upload videos, combine them into playlists and leave comments.
If you want to create a YouTube channel for your business, you can create a brand account within your personal account. More details here.
If you create a brand account, you can invite administrators and content producers to work at the channel.
As with all social media, it’s not enough just to post videos to a channel and hope that someone will see them. To make your channel popular some promotion activities are necessary, similar to what we have considered for other social networks. Although YouTube has its own features.
Online promotion methods:
- link to the YouTube channel on your site,
- embedded videos on the site,
- link to the channel in emails,
- link to the channel in Google Maps, Yandex Maps, 2GIS.
Read more here.
How to attract viewers to the channel, more here.
Offline promotion methods:
- invite your loyal customers and friends to subscribe the channel,
- you can send a link to the channel via WhatsApp or SMS or other messenger. The link looks something like this: https://www.youtube.com/c/CentersmarttourismKzAla,
- you can use a QR code on business cards and posters, for example:
- your channel’s name can be used in outdoor and print advertising. For example: “Our YouTube channel: Center Smart Tourism”. Those who are interested will easily find you on YouTube by channel’s name.
Since YouTube is owned by Google, paid promotion could be done through Google ADS. Learn more about paid promotion.
Channel management could be done through the creative studio.
The Analytics section contains charts and reports that help authors track the effectiveness of their videos and the channel as a whole.
YouTube’s interface has changed and now the creative studio has a new design.
All YouTube questions are covered in detail in the Help section.